LimeWire is a file sharing program running on the Gnutella Network. It is open standard software running on an open protocol, free for the public to use. LimeWire allows you to share any file such as.mp3s, .avis, jpgs, tiffs, etc. Limewire is written in Java, and will run on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Sun, and other computing platforms. Publish your original content to the world without setting up a website!
1. NO BUNDLED SOFTWARE OF ANY KIND IN INSTALLER ADDED SUCH AS ASK TOOLBAR! No spyware. No adware compiled or added in the binaries and installer, No Search limits PRO. Guaranteed.
2. Firewall to Firewall Transfers. Since about 60% of users are currently firewalled, this feature greatly increases the amount of content on the network.
3. Faster network connections. Using new "UDP Host Caches", LimeWire starts up and connects faster then ever before!
4. Universal Plug 'N Play. UPnP support allows LimeWire to open and close the Router Ports.
5. iTunes Integration. Windows users can now take advantage of LimeWire's iTunes integration.
6. Creative Commons Integration. LimeWire now recognizes OGGs and MP3s licensed under a Creative Commons License.
7. "What's New?" feature. Users can browse the network for the most recent content additions.
8. Search drill down results. Searches in LimeWire now immediately display the artists, albums and other information that fully describes files.
9. Proxy support. Users can now use web proxies to route their to protect their identity.
10. Support for International searches and International groups. Users can now search in any language, and LimeWire ensures that a user will be connected to other users with their own language to aide international users to receive search results in their native language and to find content from sources that are close to home.
11. Update non-support text regarding chatting through Facebook accounts.
LimeWireWin.exe 21.80 MB
Source code: http://wiki.limewire.org/index.php?title=Checkcode
Download the latest nightly snapshot of bundled LimeWire source code: http://www.limewire.org/limewire.zip (by compiling as PRO remember to /*comment out*/ the search request result limitations in the code)